Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Grateful for my Job

The job I have is not the highest paying or the most noteworthy job in the world. But, it is a job and for that, I am grateful. In this economy and considering the current unemployment rates, having a job is definitely a blessing.

On the other hand, my job is not the job I want for the rest of my life and it is a job that almost no one aspires to have as a career. As I go through my day, there are times when I find myself thinking about what other people most think of me because of the job I hold. I can almost feel their judging looks pierce through my skin and scorch my heart. I mean, not everyone gives me that kind of look but at times, my mind imagines that they do. I find that I have to constantly and consistently remind myself that it is God Himself who has allowed me to have the job that I have and that He has in fact blessed me with this job.

You see, unfortunately, in this life too many people think that just because they don’t have the ideal job or even one that somebody else might want, that they are wasting their time. This is just not true. God can use us in any situation that we are in and in any job that we hold. In fact, it is when we least expect that God can use us that He usually shows us how much we are being used for His Glory. Maybe He put you in your job so that you could witness to a particular person that you work with. Maybe He gave you your job so that you would acquire a certain skill that you will need in the future. Maybe He is letting you see the world from a different perspective then you normally would so that when you are on the other side, you won’t forget where you have been. You never know where someone has been or what has led to them getting a certain job. Life throws a lot of different circumstances at people and most just try to cope the best they can. Frankly, the job they are working is putting food on the table and a roof over their head and sometimes that is exactly what someone needs.

I am grateful for my job right now. I have free time to read books, do Bible study, listen to music and write as much as I want. My job is giving me a much needed break from school and in a way that has been a huge blessing for me. I have learned that having the right perspective can change everything. So cheer up. Look on the bright side of life. Don’t judge people by their job but by who they are. You never know when you might be in there shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment