Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Simple Life

In life, we tend to look back with nostalgia at times when things in life were simple. Why is that? Why do we look back with longing for times when life seemed so simple? But, was life really that simple back then or did we just not know any better?

Think about this, when you were young, you depended on your parents for everything. Everything! When you ate, where you went, what you did, how you did it, why you did it, and when you slept. You did not have any control over your life at all. Life was simple, but you had no control and therefore none of the responsibility. Yes, life was simple. It was simple because you had complete faith that the person responsible for you was going to make the right decisions for your life.

As we have grown up and look at our life and all its complications, we sometimes wish we could go back to the good ole days. We fret and worry over every little decision to the point of overwhelming ourselves with the most minute details. It is enough to make anyone overwhelmed and stressed out instantly.

I don’t know how people get through the day. I used to think that I was the only one who had ever gone through this process in life where I was so scared to do anything that I had never done before that it had the potential to make my life very boring. What would happen if we never did anything by ourselves? We would never gain the confidence in ourselves to be able to do anything without someone else holding our hand. We would never grow up.

We all learn eventually what helps us cope with a new situation and what enables us to move forward with our lives. I don’t know what that thing is for everyone else is, but I like having the Creator of the universe in control of my life. I have learned to trust Him with my life and that no matter what happens, He is in control. Life has gotten a lot easier since I made this decision to trust someone else with my life. Plus, when I trust God with my decisions in life, it gives me confidence in who I am and what I am doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment